HuntFishTravel – Snowmobiling in Vilas County
We’re exploring Vilas County, Wisconsin. In 2015 I had the opportunity to go fishing in Boulder Junction and fell in love with the area.
Today we’re chatting about why people should visit the area, with lakes and forest every way you turn.
Topics covered in this episode:
- There are 600+ miles of snowmobile trails, at least 100 miles get groomed every day by the local snowmobile clubs.
- What a snowmobile club is and why you should consider joining one.
- What the economic impact is to an area like Vila county when the snow comes late in the season.
- Snowmobile safety tips including lake crossings and how to let emergency services know your exact location using their app.
- And then we explore the free “Map It Vilas County” app. A wonderful tool to help not only snowmobilers but anyone into the outdoors.
- Vilas County
- Sno-Eagles Snowmobile Club
- HuntFishTravel Episode 107 – Boulder Junction, WI – Fishing & Vacationing at White Birch Village Resort
Support the show! –> HuntFishTravel Patreon