“#HuntFishTravel 121 – Interview with Patrick Flanigan, Turkey Hunting and Hilariously Random Subjects”
(Psst! Support the show by sharing this episode to facebook/twitter – thank you!!)
One of the most random episodes I’ve ever recorded, Patrick Flanigan stops by to chat about what’s going on with the Xtreme Team, the Spray & Pray Tour and what the future holds for him.
And then we reminisce about turkey hunting, plan my 40th birthday in Hawaii and head down about a dozen random rabbit holes.
It’s pretty amusing…
- 05:30 What kind of hunting Patrick enjoys
- 08:11 The biggest difference hunting Oshkosh, WI vs Black Hills, SD
- 11:10 How he got involved in extreme shooting in the first place.
- 12:50 9 Time World Record – what they all are.
- 15:00 Guinness World Record for Drumming
- 17:45 Our musical tastes
- 18:35 Deer Hunting season wrap up
- 21:00 Mule deer hunting in SD and scheduling woes
- 23:00 SD Trespassers and how he deals with them
- 23:45 Spray & Pray Tour (Patrick’s mentored show)
- 27:45 Hawaiian epicness for Carrie’s 40th birthday
- 29:15 Patrick’s top 3 tips for new shooters
- 30:15 A little motivation for the listeners
- 32:55 Did you know Patrick has three daughters? A blond, a red head and a brunette!
- 34:55 Blooper – Patrick’s most embarrassing (but funny) blooper.
- 39:05 Patrick’s most favorite memory of being in the business.
- 44:25 Dealing with haters and womanizing in the industry
- 50:05 A saturated market – how to stand out
- 56:30 Motivational speaking gigs
- 57:18 What’s up for 2016
- 1:00:25 Live in the moment and the obligatory Machine Head reference
- 1:02:00 Can there be a National Turn Your Phone Off Day???
- 1:02:45 New Year’s Resolutions, and why making sure your social media facts are correct.
- 1:06:00 Back to talking about Deadwood and the South Dakota turkey hunt.
- 1:03:45 Mike Magrew shout-out
- 1:07:00 His website and how to get a hold of Patrick if you have any questions.